Question about MBX860 redboot Flash/Ethernet support.

 hi.
 I ported simple mbx redboot to my mpc860 platform.
my mpc860 platform is different from MBX board but very similiar to
that.

But unfortunately, Flash and Ethernet have not been  supported yet.

so I have a few questions about it.

1. MBX860 module uses Flash AM29F040B. But my mpc860 module uses Flash
AM29LV160.
   Because of the difference of used Flash, my mpc860 module is not
working properly when redboot starting.
   "FLASH : driver init failed !" message occurs on debug monitor.
   ( this case happens when RedBoot start with Flash and Ethernet
support . Without Flash support, RedBoot runs well on
    my board).
   So I'd like to know the reason why  "FLASH : driver init failed !"
message occurs on debug monitor.
   Moreover after printing this message, RedBoot stop! . So I can not
test my board using debug monitor any more.
  ( I can't key in any commands to debug monitor)

2. I know I can use ethernet using BOOTP without Flash support.
But I don't understand how it works.
So could you explain it in more detail?

thanks.