RE: Question about MBX860 Redboot Ethernet connection

On 21-May-2001 Nohee Ko wrote:
> hi.
> I got a simple question.
> I wonder if MBX860 Module needs its own unique MAC Address or not?
> ( when MBX860 uses ethernet)
> If needed, tell me how to set MAC address.

All ethernet devices in the world need a unique address, at least
within the local network.

If you have Flash memory in your system, you can use RedBoot to
maintain this value.

Note: where the value comes from is another matter.  Technically, these
values are to be assigned by a global governance (i.e. purchased).  In
practical terms though, most any value can work as long as it is unique
within the local domain.