Re: CF driver

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 21-May-2001 Andrea Acquaviva wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm writing an eCos driver for the CF interface on my Strongarm 1100
> > based board. I'm modifing the same driver written for the assabet board.
> > The main difference is that the assabet driver uses the SA1110 to
> > program the pcmcia interface, while on my board there is not the SA1110
> > companion chip.
> >
> > In the assabet driver the CF is programmed also by writing on the BCR
> > register of the SA1110, in particular the interesting instruction is:
> >
> >  assabet_BCR(SA1110_BCR_CF_POWER |
> >                         SA1110_BCR_CF_RESET |
> >                         SA1110_BCR_CF_BUS,
> >                         SA1110_BCR_CF_POWER_ON |
> >                         SA1110_BCR_CF_RESET_ENABLE |
> >                         SA1110_BCR_CF_BUS_ON);
> >
> > My question is: what's the mean of the SA1110_BCR_CF_BUS flag? Is it a
> > particular assabet feature or do it perform some actions on the
> > PCMCIA interface pins that I must be aware?
>
> The interface on the SA1110 can be controlled by three different pins.
>
>   Power - whether or not Vcc is applied to the bus
>   Bus   - whether or not the bus drivers are enabled
>   Reset - whether or not the device is in reset
>
> Not all controllers allow for such fine control.  In many cases, the
> power and bus controls are grouped together.

Ok, thanks.
Now I have another question:
I have to build the add the net package, but I find an error during the
compilation:

ecoscvs/ecos/packages-net/net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c:85: #error At
least one network driver
framework must be defined!

I found that the problem is that CYGPKG_NET_DRIVER_FRAMEWORK is missing. How
must I define it ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Andrea.

--