serial.c, dsr_lock for read or write

Hi everyone,

I'm using eCos on a custom board. The CPU is an ARM7.
I use serial.c to buffer my USB device driver and
realize that there's a call to
cyg_drv_dsr_lock()/unlock() around the serial_read()
and serial_write core. This blocks the other DSRs if I
have a blocking read waiting for data for instance.

Am I seeing it right? It seems too strong for me
blocking all the DSRs, and possibly quite long time
this way.

Thanks for your ideas.
Phungte