RE: eCos on COMPAQ ipaq

On 23-May-2001 Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to make eCos run on a COMPAQ ipaq H3650 pocket pc but I'm stuck
> in the first steps.
>
> I've copied the OSloader and boot_WinCE.bin (as bootldr) into the 'My
> Pocket PC' folder but when I run the OSloader and access the menu
> 'Tools->BootLdr->Run after loading from file menu item' I get the message:
>
> 'Error opening \bootldr
>  GetLastError = 2'

Using the "File Explorer", you should have to go "up" one level to get to
this directory on the iPAQ.  At that time, you should see both the OSloader
and bootldr files.  Is this the case?

> I'm pretty sure that I'm copying the files to the right location and I'm
> wondering if the problem can be the USB cradle, which is the only one I
> have. Does anyone had a similar problem or can give some hint of what
> could be the problem?

Note: without a serial cable (or cradle), you're not going to get much
farther along at this time.  AFAIK neither RedBoot nor the Compaq bootloader
works with USB.