RE: eCos on COMPAQ ipaq

I could install redboot but got an error when downloading the files into
the RAM memory.

I've got the following messages:

RAM: 0x00000000-0x02000000, 0x0004d000-0x01fb0000 available

RedBoot> lo -m xmodem -r -b 0x200000
Raw file loaded 0x00200000-0x00232d80
xyzModem - CRC mode, 1628(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 6 retries
RedBoot> lo -m xmodem -r -b 0x20000
Specified address (0x00020000) is not in RAM.

The first command downloaded ecosromfs and the second was an attempt to
download the file nanoxdemo but as you can see there was an error message
since I've tried to download the file at a unavailable RAM addresse
(although the address I've used is the one stated int the redboot manual).

I guess I have to recompile the application in order to load it in the new
address, right?

My second concern is the following. I want to install RedBoot in the flash
memory permanently in order to develop some applications. Given that it
looks like the RAM configuration assumed in the nanoxdemo doesn't match
with the configuration I have in my ipaq, regarding the ROM version, is it
safe if I just download the redboot_ROM.bin and install it according to
the commands stated in the redboot manual or should I recompile the
redboot with specific addresses. My flash configuration is the given
below:

FLASH: 0x50000000 - 0x51000000, 64 blocks of 0x00040000 bytes each

Thanks for your time,
Cristiano.

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira - http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cpereira