Re: GDB - Ethernet - Cirrus EDB7212

Tom> Hi, does anyone have any expirience to connect GDB to an Cirrus
Tom> EDB7212 board over Ethernet.

Tom> I installed Redboot on my board, connecting to it using a simple
Tom> terminal is no problem.  However, when I use GDB (running under
Tom> Linux), the GDB just freezes after typing "continue".

Tom> This is what I get:

Tom> arm-elf-gdb -nw name_of_program ..  (gdb) target remote
Tom> edb7212:1000 Remote debugging using edb7212:1000 0xe0000978 in ??
Tom> () (gdb) continue Continuing.

Tom> Any suggestions ?

What do you expect it to do? You haven't downloaded any code to run,
so when you type continue it tries to re-execute a breakpoint.

On other targets, that would result in a hit-breakpoint message on the
same address, but there might be some problem on the edb7212
preventing this.

Anyway, after the connect, download a test, then type continue.

Jesper