Re: Simulation

abhishek kashyap <abhi.kashyap@usa.net> writes:

:     I need to do some simulation with multiple threads running at multiple
: stations in parallel. Does eCos provide features to simulate multiple
: processors (each representing a station) and a physical channel, as it can be
: done in network simulator (ns) or such other tools, or is there some other way
: to it.

One way is to use computer system simulators that are capable of
either modelling multiple concurrent systems internally, or are able
to support external parallelism.  While our "sid" simulator (see
sources.redhat.com) is capable of both the former and the latter, the
difficulty comes in modelling the interconnected I/O mechanisms (as
opposed to the concurrent independent systems).  What is the physical
channel in question?

- FChE