Re: Frequency scaling on iPaq

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

> I want to know if anyone else had the same problem and whether the
> solution was as I have just described.

We had that problem under Linux and the solution you described is correct.
Look at the Linux code for reference.  It works fine on iPAQ.

Note that changing the PLL must be done  for long term power saving.  Since
the PLL requires quite a delay to stabilize when it is changed you can't use
CPU speed reduction for things like the idle loop.

Nicolas