RE: Lucent WaveLAN PC card with EBD72xxx

On 05-Jun-2001 Trenton Adams wrote:
> Has anyone used the WaveLAN PC Card modem with eCos?  If so, is there a
> driver readily available for it?  We're doing a project that requires radio
> network communications from a Cirrus EBD7211-2 board to a PC.
>
> If there isn't a driver available for it, where do I look for information on
> writing PCMCIA device drivers for PC Cards running under eCos on the Cirrus
> board?
>
> I have the source for the Linux driver for a PC.  If I have to write a
> driver, would it be easier to modify this driver, or just write a new one?

You actually have two problems here.  First, there is no PCMCIA driver for
the EDB7xxx.  This shouldn't be too hard to write.  There are a couple of
examples - just look in ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/devs/pcmcia

The second problem will be to write the WaveLAN driver.  I'd suggest that
you use the Linux driver for reference, but start from a similar device.
The only PCMCIA (actually Compact Flash, but it's really the same) network
driver we have is for the Socket LP-Ethernet.  Look in .../devs/eth/cf

Give it a look.  I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Note: I'd probably do this in two steps.  First by doing the PCMCIA driver
and testing it with the known working card.  Then write the network driver
for the card you have.