Re: Time to remove 1.3? (was Re: Lucent WaveLAN PC card with EBD72xxx)

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > You need the CVS sources - 1.3.1 is now 15 months old - a glacial age in
> > "internet" time :-)
>
> Maybe when 1.5.1 comes out, or whatever you call its, it would be a
> good idea to make it CVS only. Putting tar and .epk files on a server
> has been causing problems for the last year or more. Removing them
> would cut down the number of times you have to tell people to use the
> CVS to get up to date code.

Yeah, but things *break* in CVS.

Maybe I could just add a comment to the 1.3.1 net EPK download suggesting
CVS instead.

> The alternative would be after each CVS check in put a new tar and epk
> files onto the ftp server. That way there is always an option for
> those without CVS to get the latest code.

Dave Airlie is hopefully still providing CVS snapshots for FTP, with the
extra reliability advantage of being on a different server.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/