Config tools not working - any clues?

I have a problem with config tool versions 1.3.1 and 1.3.1.2. The former
always crashes if I make a change and choose "Library build". It saves the
changes into xxx.ecc as can be seen after restarting the tool, but
something else doesn't get saved. The build starts but doesn't follow the
changes I made. The only way of getting changes into effect is starting
from scratch: deleting whole install tree, choosing a default template and
setting every option which is quite annoying after a while...

Version 1.3.1.2 doesn't even start the library build, nothing happens after
choosing "Library build".

I'm using WIN98, please let me know if you have had similar symptoms and
cured them.

Thanks,
	Harri