Re: odd serial input bug in redboot 095308 20010607 on iP

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 09:44:12AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> Sorry, that wasn't 100% clear from your first message.

My apologies.

> > Interestingly, even when serial is working, I can't make it accept any
> > files via xmodem.  Gives 3 retries and then aborts back to the prompt
> > (at least, it's sitting at the prompt, very confused, when I abort the
> > upload on the PC).
>
> So, how did you get RedBoot installed in the first place?

Apparently I was unclear here also: running RedBoot via osloader from WinCE
worked just fine (for quite a period of time) with none of these diffculties.
That's how I uploaded the current RedBoot in flash.

> WHat are you trying to load?  It could be the case that the load command is
> quitting for some other reason and your download utility (minicom, hyperterm)
> just keeps trying.  RedBoot will actually take around 60 seconds to give up
> on a serial download, only after some 20 retries each 3 seconds apart.

nanoxdemo.gz.  I haven't tried anything else, so it could be specific to this
file.

david