Re: ROMRAM startup on SA1100 platform

> I have to implement a ROMRAM startup for our custom SA1100 design.
> I'm thinking about the following:
>
> Linking the application with the RAM-Linker-script and doing the
> following steps in hal_platform_setup.h
> - copy .text segment from FLASH_BASE+__stext to PHYS_RAM_BASE+__stext
> - copy .data segment from FLASH_BASE+__ram_data_start to
> PHYS_RAM_BASE+__ram_data_start
> - switch MMU on
> - branch to warm_reset (or some other point after MMU start)
>
> Unfortunatly I'm quite unsure what to change in the other files like
> vectors.S. Please give me some hints what I've missed and what traps
> to avoid.

I suggest you read back in the mail archive, over the last two
weeks. You will see im doing this for the EBSA, which is an SA110
CPU. Im using patches that Dave Airlie produced for the PID board.
Its not a priority task for me, so its probably going to be 2 weeks or
more before i get it finished. Once done, it should be easy to extend
it to the SA1100 processors.

Alternativily, you could get Dave's patches and use them for a basis
to do all the work yourself.

        Andrew