From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards [mailto:larwe@larwe.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 8:30 AM
To: Gary Thomas; Trenton D. Adams
Cc: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com; Stefano Costa
Subject: RE: [ECOS] win2k download utility

Hi Gary,

> > Also, it would be nice if someone could speed the download utility
up a
> > bit.  It seems that it always runs at about 9600 no matter what baud
> > rate you select.  I looked at it a little, but haven't got the time
>
>This part works just fine on Linux - I download at 115200 all the time
:-)

Hmm, have you actually timed it? I know it accepts 115200 as a
parameter,
but did you compare upload times?

I do know that my hack runs slowly - much more slowly than the Cirrus
DOS-based utility. However I also noticed the same slowness when running

under Linux, so I assumed it was a bug in dl_edb7xxx.

Maybe the code Cirrus gave you to upload to the CPU is older than the
code
in their own download.exe utility, and slower?

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twighlight that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)