Re: problem with socket

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:10:54AM +0200, Nadine.Albiez-extern@ascom.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make an simulation environment on the eCos synthetic target.
> To do this, I need that two applications running on the same PC or between
> two PC communicates using socket.

Hi Nadine.

The Synthetic target does not interface to the hosts OS sockets like
this. When you open a socket in the eCos world it does not talk to the
Linux world underneath.

Having said that, it is possible to do what you want, but you have to
use the undocumented backdoor. You have to directly make system calls
into the Linux kernal. We in ASCOM CH have code to do this which uses
UNIX domain sockets to allow two eCos targets to talk to each other.
cyg_hal_sys_socketcall() is the function you need. Be carefull. If
this functions block, your whole eCos simulation blocks.

        Andrew