Re: eCos cyg/io/devtab.h typos?

"Trenton D. Adams" <tadams@extremeeng.com> writes:

> I'm looking at the code below from the devtab.h file starting around
> line 113.  Shouldn't the cyg_devio_bwrite and cyg_devio_bread be
> switched between the two macros?  I mean doesn't cyg_devio_bwrite and
> cyg_devio_bread stand for block write/read respectively, and not
> character write/read respectively?  If so, what are the block read/write
> doing in a char table and visaversa in the block table?

The cyg_devio_* functions are just default fillers for the table
slots. A character device is expected to supply character IO functions
but not block IO ones. Hence the unused table slots are filled with
dummys.  And vice versa for the block device.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK