From: jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com
[mailto:jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 3:50 PM
To: Trenton D. Adams
Cc: 'eCos'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Simple serial program

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Ok, I enabled ROM support in the eCos kernel and recompiled it.  I
> assume this is what I was supposed to do.
>
> I then recompiled and linked the serial.c example, and stripped it.  I

> then proceeded to download it to the board.  It still doesn't write to

> the serial port.  Anything else I'm missing?

You need to convert it to binary format, not strip it. Do this with

arm-elf-objcopy -O binary serial.exe serial.sre

Also when rebuilding the eCos kernel, I'd advise doing this in a new
build directory.

Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in
Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions
http://www.redhat-techworld.com/