Re: C++ on Assabet

Timothy Chow wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to port some C programs to C++ on Assabet.
> I think it is better to test the C++ compiler first.
> So I changed a file from .c to .cxx, but the compiled
> program doesn't run anymore.
>
> I think I have the correct flags and parameters in my
> Makefile to compile the C++ source code, and the same
> source code with ".c" extension run perfectly on
> Assabet.
>
> Any idea?

If your C++ program uses a main(), you want to export this function as a C
function and not a C++ one (define it with a externC int main prototype first).
I've not tried this but it should work.

Regards,
	Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com