Re: RedBoot porting problem

Jeremy Lin wrote:

> Hi,
> I use CVS version of eCos for my target.
> Now I have a working HAL and serial driver for
> my platform(SAMSUNG KS32C50100 based), and
> the gdb stub works fine on my board.

Is this a public board? If so, it would be good if you could consider
contributing back. Mail ecos-maintainers@redhat.com to discuss further if
so!

> I was trying to port redboot to my platform. I
> tried to compile it by choosing template "redboot"
> and it compiled successfully; I also have a set of
> ecm files which is copied from pid platform.
> But when I load the redboot image file and run it,
> instead of redboot banner, the serial port always
> outputs a string like this "$T0a0f:00000000;0d:00000000;#f9",
> just like what I got when using gdb stub.
> Does that mean it still in gdb protocol mode? How can I get
> the redboot mode? Please give me a hint..

That implies both PC and SP are 0x0. Something's wrong there.

Also are sure your reprogramming of the board worked?

But my guess is that your RedBoot is hitting an exception of some sort
(e.g. by accessing an illegal memory address or whatever) on startup, which
causes it to enter the stub, as all exceptions do.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/