RE: Hosed ipaq

I'm afraid that your iPAQ will have to be reflashed.  Send it (and return
postage please) to:

    Compaq Computer Corporation
    Cambridge Research Lab
    iPAQ Valhalla
    One Cambridge Center
    Cambridge, MA 02142

**                                                                        **
**                       A T T E N T I O N ! !                            **
**                                                                        **
** Installing RedBoot on the iPAQ can be dangerous in that the unit may   **
** be turned into a "brick" if not done correctly.  We have developed a   **
** procedure which allows RedBoot to be installed safely, but it must     **
** be followed exactly.                                                   **
** Attempting to install RedBoot by any other means (i.e. not following   **
** the current, published instructions) has a high likelyhood of failure. **
** We (the eCos team) cannot be responsible if your iPAQ is rendered      **
** [temporarily] inopperative by such attempts to install RedBoot.        **

   I wish I could say this louder, write it bigger, make it stronger, etc.

   We want you to use (or at least test) RedBoot on the iPAQ, but the
   instructions have to be followed.  Anything less is simply asking for
   trouble.