Re: gdb remote debug problem...running an ecos applicatio

 Hello!
 I was succesfully able to create a boot floppy for
 my
 target x86 PC and run my application as a stand
 alone.
 I list the steps in case someone finds it useful -

 1.Use the command in ur empty build tree-
  ecosconfig new pc
 2. Edit the *.ecc file.
 Disable all gdb options. Set startup as floppy.
 Set  CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN as true.
 3. ecosconfig tree
 4.make
 5.In the directory containing ur application use,
 i386-elf-gcc -I(path of include directory in build
 tree) hello.c -L(path of lib to be linked)
 -Ttarget.ld
 -nostdlib
 6.i386-elf-objcopy -O binary a.out hello.bin
 7.COpy to the floppy using -
 dd conv=sync
 if=/home/kavita/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/temp/hello.bin
 of=/dev/fd0
8. Use this floppy to boot your target.

 Thanks
 Kavita