gdb baudrate - seg fault

Hi all,
    I tried changing the platform specific (i386) configuration by changing
the default settings pertaining to speeds of serial ports 0 and 1. after that
i compiled my hello world program and loaded into the target at 115200 baud.
as obvious gdb on the host was now able to successfully connect to the gdb
stub on the target at the desired baudrate. but when i tried to execute it
gave me 'segmentation fault'. any clues ??? am i missing something ?

regds,
vipin