Strange timeouts and multiple dhcp?

Hi,

I need a bit of help with my DHCP on my PowerPC board.
Everything seemed to be going fine until my eCos system
started sending out multiple DHCP request. It sends out
requests until the tx buffers are full and then the next time
it tries it waits for 4 seconds and then it starts receiving
the DHCP responces???

It then when it finally does get the DHCP it then trys to
do the ping test and gets:

recvfrom: Operation timed out
recvfrom: Operation timed out
recvfrom: Operation timed out
recvfrom: Operation timed out

When I use ethereal to look at the DHCP requests
comming out the time between them looks very fast:

Request      Time
1                4.181951
2                4.181971
3                4.181997
4                4.182022
5                4.182047

Its like the timers are not waiting long enougth and
timing out really quickly? Anyone know where I
should be looking for a solution to the problem?

Many thanks,
Col.

Colin Ford               PipingHot Networks
Software Engineer        +44 (0)1364 655510