Re: Updated v850_common.h for V850/SA1

Wolfram Kattanek wrote:

> When working with the V850/SA1 variant I came across a problem concerning
> name and adress of some timer registers. After looking in a new edition
> of the SA1 user manual (http://www.nec.de/web_cd1/pdf/U12768EJ3V0UMJ1.PDF)
> I found some "inconsistencies". Below is a patch for correcting this.

I am happy to add the registers that have been added in these other V850
chip models. However I'm not going to remove any of the ones you removed.
The reason they are there is because NEC's naming is inconsistent between
V850 variants, and having an additional alias (and thus accepting both
forms) is the best way to deal with that.

> BTW:
> The register names V850_REG_WTNIIC (used in var_intr.h) and V850_REG_SRIC0
> (used in hal_diag.c) are not conform to the NEC register names. Perhaps
> you should correct them too.

Again these are because of NEC's alternative names for the same register
used in other NEC documentation.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/