SMSC LAN91CXX driver

Hi,

I plan to use the driver for the ethernet controller
SMSC LAN91CXX (91C96, in my case), but it seems that
it hasn't been used in any platforms; at least, it
is not included in any templates.

Has anyone used this driver with success
in any platforms ?. After a quick look at the code,
it seems to me that it wouldn't work on an Assabet
and Neponset boards. In that board, the device's A0
line is wired to the SA-1110's A2 line, therefore
register addresses must be shifted 2 bits, but
in the driver they are shifted only 1 bit (assuming
16-bit access, which is the most natural way to
connect the chip).

Can anyone suggest an "elegant" way to modify the
driver (it case it really needs to be modified)
to make it compatible with word and double-word
alignments ?

One more question: why isn't this driver available
as a package (CYGPKG_ETH_SMSC_LAN91CXX) in ecos.db ?

Thank you.

Jordi Colomer.