PCMCIA Controller Initialization - Gary :)?

My documentation says to do the following for PCMCIA initialization.

1. initialization of the interface within the EP7211
2. configuration of the CL-PS6700
3. timing and operation of the PC Card interface controlled by the
CL-PS6700

Here's a note in the docs as well.
The timing and operation of the PC Card interface are dependent on the
card in the slot and is determined from the voltage selection signals
provided by the card and the CIS information stored on the card.

Does this mean that when I've completed the 2nd step that I'm pretty
much done writing my driver?  After all, reading CIS information and
stuff like that is a standard for PCMCIA right?  Then, from what I
understand, my ethernet driver that I'm going to make will make calls
through the standard PCMCIA API in eCos in order to finish the
initalization process, correct?