Re: ARM SDT & eCos

On 21 Jun 2001, at 12:49, David Airlie wrote:

> > So a different solution would be nice. We were thinking of using the
> > ARM SDK compiler and linker to compile eCos from scratch. In an
> > ideal world this would work, but my guess is that reality will show
> > otherwise. What i would like to do is replace the GNU tools with the
> > ARM SDK tools so that I can debug eCos with the Multi-Ice. Anyone
> > has any experience in this matter, or enough experience to just give
> > me a flat no?
>
> I'd go with the flat no, but I gave up quickly at the time :-)
>
> steps:
>  make sure ARM compiler supports init sections and C++ constructer
> init stuff (am I right here??)
>  re-write all assembler code to use ARM assembler.
>  compile and link..
>
> as I said I gave up and bought the EPI Jeeni, if someone else does it
> I'd love to see it though..
>
> Dave.
>

> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Niclas Anderberg
> >

> --
>       David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
>        Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.
>    t: +353-61-508116 / f: +353-61-508101 / David.Airlie@parthus.com

Wiggler from Macraigor is also a much cheaper Jtag Emulator,
without Ethernet or serial line connection but perfectly functional
with Insight for base debugging (we own also a Jeeni, and see the
difference, but as a second buy Wiggler is good). Just take into
account that the hours spent porting eCOS to ARM SDT will cost
much more than a brand new Insight-compatible emulator!!!
bye- Stefano
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738