Re: How to build Redboot

Hi,

> I used ecos configuration tools 1.3.1 under
> windows 9x
> > and cygwin 1.3.2. I have downloaded the latest CVS
> > build Redboot, but I can't find the manual How to
> > Build Redboot for Cirrus Logic Development Board
> under
> > cygwin/ecos configuration tools for win9x.

I got some difficulties to install/use this downloaded
ecos CVS.

1) I tried to use eCos Administration tools to change
repository by point it to ecos.db in my downloaded CVS
folder (c:\ecos-latest\ecos\ecos.db),but when I tried
to open eCos Configuration Tools, I always got error
message like:

> Error loading the default hardware template 'pid':
> Package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X, 1 error
> occured while reading in the CDL data.
>
> Parser message:
>C:/ecos-latest/ecos/packages/devs/serial/generic/16x5x
>/current/cdl/ser_generic_16x5x.cdl,package
>CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X
>
>Property include_files,missing arguments.

-----------------------------
2)I also tried to copy this CVS in to my eCos
repository installation folder (but without ecos.db
from CVS).

With this, I could opened eCos Configuration Tools but
and I try to build "redboot" template for Cirrus Logic
EDB7211 board, but when I click OK, I got error again:

> Error loading template 'redboot'
>
>Invalid savefile "C:/Program Files/Red Hat/eCos/
>packages/templates/redboot/current.ect".
>2 errors occured while reading in the savefile data.

and in the eCos Output window I got this message:

>C:/Program Files/Red Hat/eCos/packages/templates/
>redboot/current.ect
>Attempt to load an unknown >package CYGPKG_REDBOOT
>C:/Program Files/Red Hat/eCos/packages/templates/
>redboot/current.ect The savefile contains a
cdl_option
>for an unknown option `CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT'
------------------

3). I also tried to replace old ecos.db with ecos.db
from CVS to eCos repository, but I tried o use eCos
Configuration Tools I got error like the first error
message but with different directory (this time eCos
repository).

Can anobody help me the guide to install/use CVS?

PS:What about the Host folder in the CVS is it the
same as the ecos\tools\src folder in eCos repository,
becuse I also tried to not copy and copy this also.

=====
Regards,
Piteir