Re: gcc builds for 5 hrs...

Hi Usmamih,

>But is it that important to have a NTFS partition..?? No other way..??
>Even my eCos build takes that much time..!!

There are only two ways I know of to speed up the build process:

1. Use an NTFS partition
2. Use Linux (big speed improvement)

Building the full eCos tree does take a long time, but it's not something
you need to do often (unless you're porting...) because you build the
library once and then you're just rebuilding your own app.

Note that the build process is even slower under Win9x (might be FAT/NTFS
difference again, I've never tried it on NT with FAT).

We have just changed our schematic/PCB CAD package to a product that
supports Linux as part of the process of migrating to all-Linux tools.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)