Re: ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

> If someone needed to look at that code first it wouldn't exactly be a clean
> room implementation would it :-).

I was going for a clean room version of the ARM header files.. that could
be released under GPL, and then combined with your code, and then it all
could be released under GPL without any ARM license code.... reading your
code shouldn't cause any issues in terms of clean room I don't think,
reading the ARM header files would...

> While what you say is strictly correct as long as we only distributed the
> _source_ code and never binaries, it would encourage people to breach the
> GPL. We don't want that to happen. And it would be frowned upon in the free
> software community.

My only other issue is that the code probably relies on the ARM Multi-ICE
DLL which isn't GPL, so you could never release the code under GPL as it
would have to link against non-GPL to be actually useful, maybe BSD
licensing..

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.