Re: bug in eCos Configuration tools 2 alpha

Hi,

At 07:56 PM 6/26/01 -0700, you wrote:
>1).
>I have try to use eCos Configuration tools 2 alpha,
>and everything just fine except that I got this kind
>of error:
>
>C:/Program Files/Red
>Hat/eCos/packages/templates/default/v1_3_1.ect:
>warning
>     The savefile specifies version `v1_3_1' for
>package `CYGPKG_LIBC'
>     This version is not available.
>     Using the most recent version instead.
>C:/Program Files/Red
>Hat/eCos/packages/templates/default/v1_3_1.ect: error
>     Attempt to load an unknown package
>`CYGPKG_DEVICES_WALLCLOCK'.

I'll have to plead ignorance and leave that one to someone else... but if
it's happening with 1.3.1 also then if it _is_ a bug, then it's not just
with the newer version.

>3).
>I also failed to save in eCos Configuration Tool 2
>alpha, I got crash and error message like:

Yes, this is a known interaction between TCL and Windows 98 and we're
working on a resolution.

>4).
>I always failed to select Path for User Tools in eCos
>Configuration tool 2 alpha taht always considered as
>wrong directory, so I just manualy edit the registry
>and it works.

I've just fixed this one :-) thanks.

>5).
>when I click Tools->platform I can't find not even one
>platform listed in eCos configuration tool 2 alpha, is
>there any work around?

At present, I think the only workaround is to install an eCos distribution.
I'll need to work on that.

>6).
>Why if I use eCos Configuration tool 2 alpha then
>build template Redboot for Cirrus Logic Board (I got 4
>conflict and ignore the conflict) and import the
>redboot_ROM.ecm for edb7211 I got no more conflict.
>But If I use eCos Configuration tool 1.3.1 I still got
>this conflict.

Hm, that is a little worrying, there shouldn't really be any difference in
behaviour between the two.

Regards,

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063