Re: Pruning eCos source tree

Grant Edwards wrote:

> We're shipping an ARM7 based product that runs eCos.  It
> currently ships with application/eCos in flash.  The next step
> is to provide some customers with a development SW kit so they
> can write their own eCos apps for the platform.
>
> I'd like to ship both an eCos install tree and an eCos source
> tree.
>
> Is it possible to prune the source tree down a little (e.g.
> eliminating HALs for other platforms)? Would I need to get rid
> of stuff in ecos.db also?

As it happens, the latest versions of the command line tools, (and also
version 2 of the eCos configuration tool I believe), do not warn about
packages in ecos.db that are missing unless you ask for extra verbosity
with -v. However you may want to tidy it up anyway for completeness.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/