Re: Newbie question

--- Peter Horn <phorn@horsch.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know how hard it is to start finding some examples
> and if "experts" do not
> help.
>
> Included is a small example using keeboard and LCD
> on EDB7211.

Thanks a lot, I'll try this soon. Cn you help me I try
to run hello example by downloading it to my board.

I built default template and set the "Cirrus Logic
EDB7XXX serial port 1 driver" and also "Startup Type =
RAM" (I followed the AN191 from Cirrus Logic) then
build the Library.

After that I compiled hello.c 2 times with -g and also
without -g option like this:

arm-elf-gcc -o hello.exe
-I//c/ecos-work/coba_install/include hello.c
-L//c/ecos-work/coba_install/lib
-T//c/ecos-work/coba_install/lib/target/ld -nostdlib

then I covert it to SREC format using:
arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello.exe hello.srec

I tried to download it to my board using TFTP but
always failed it oly downloaded 28%, do you have any
idea?

So I tried to download it to my board using XMODEM,
the download process success but I got error in my
Redboot like this:

RedBoot> load -v -m xmodem
CEntry point: 0x00020040, address range:
0x00020000-0x00030914
xyzModem - CRC mode,
1526(SOH)/0iEzB9ͱ́ɕɥ5)I

Do know how to solve this? is it something wrong with
my eCos configuration, am I have to resize the SREC
file or what?

PS:I use cygwin 1.3.2, gcc-.95.2 and eCosV2.0.2 alpha
withredboot rebuilding instrusion using redboot
template and import redboot_ROM for EDB7211

> Have a nice day.
>
> Peter Horn

=====
Regards,