STOUT redirection (was Re: Newbie question)

Hi there. I know this is an old question but here goes.
I want to put a graphical display in my AEB-1 board and a PS2 keyboard
(that's not the main problem) but I want to send a copy of the info
passed to the stdout and stderr to the display, like GDB packets and
System errors from stderr and some redirection of the keyboard data to
the buffer of the serial port.Just a "simple" copy and not a "move".The
serial port should receive the info always to permit debugging.

It this the right approach??

Basically what I want is to make the display output some info about what
the board is doing and some reconfiguration of some parameters by using
the keyboard without the use of the PC and GDB but still use the GDB and
the PC while I'm debugging the code.

BTW thank Mr. Horn for sharing the .C source files, I'll try to use it
and adapt it in my quest to provide my AEB-1 a graphical display...
BTW2 does anyone know any good graphical display to use? a basic 128x128
would be sufficient and where to buy it? since I'm from portugal
(maintainers sorry for "this off" topic question).

Best regards from Portugal..
Carlos Sobrinho

PS:sorry for the bad english,,,Will try to improve