Re: Serial drivers for E7T

Lars Lindqvist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the eCos page for E7T at
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/e7t.html
> the following sentence can be found:
>
> 'Note that no proper device drivers are present
> in this port, although diagnostic output is
> available.'
>
> I assume this sentence also is valid for serial
> drivers? I made some attempts but was not able
> to get it to work. If this is the case it would
> be interesting for me to get some idea of how
> long time it will take until serial drivers are
> a part of the port since I have to decide wether
> to write the drivers myself.
>
> Is it possible to get this kind of information
> from RedHat?

We have no plans to write a serial driver for the e7t at this time. If you
do want to tackle it yourself, please consider contributing it back to
everyone!

If serial driver support is important to you, you could mail
ecos-info@redhat.com to investigate options of contracting Red Hat to do
this for you.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/