error connecting to GDB.. (need some more..help)

Hi,
I have a similar problem of connecting to the target through GDB using serial.

> Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet:
> $Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09..
> Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet:
> $qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sendi
> ng packet: $qC#b4...Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet:
> $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $q
> Offsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Timed out.
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Couldn't establish connection to remote target
> Malformed response to offset query, timeout
> (gdb)
I have checked both my ports and they are working fine.
Could you please tell me how this could be resolved?

Here is what I have done.
I have tried connecting GDB in two ways:
1. I have first got the o/p on HyperTerminal and then I disconnect and connect the GDB on the port.
2. I don't open the Hyperterminal et all, I test my target uing ping and when my target replies, I know its booted and try connecting to it through GDB.

I am able to get the RedBoot> prompt on both the HyperTerminals when I connected to both the COM ports one at a time. Does this confirm that I can connect to the GDB using this port..?

In both the above cases, I get the same error. I have surfed through the mailing lists if some one got a similar kind of error, but I couldn't find a satisfactory reply.

I am using V2.0.2 ConfigTool with latest eCos package (dt: 28-06-01) and my target is a PC. Host is running WinNT. I have built redboot with importing floppy.ecm.

Thanks in Advance,
Sateesh.

Buy Feng Shui Package for Rs. 151/- only, at http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/fengshui_mailer.htm