Re: debugging with gdb

>>>>> "Rajeev" == Rajeev murthy <rajeev50@lycos.com> writes:

Rajeev> hi, i have redboot with Rom startup on my board. i also have
Rajeev> an application for a rom startup. redboot sits from 0x4000 and
Rajeev> my app starts from 0xe000.  i'm able to connect to the gdb
Rajeev> through target remote /dev/ttyS0. now i need to tell gdb to
Rajeev> start running my application and help me debug it.  will the
Rajeev> command file myapp enough for gdb to read the symbol tables or
Rajeev> should i load it using the load command. when i say load gdb
Rajeev> starts downloading , but the target doesnt respond . why
Rajeev> should i download the elf image when i already have the binary
Rajeev> on my board ?  please tell me what am i missing.  thanks
Rajeev> rajeev

You can't debug a ROM startup application.

Jesper