Re: problem regarding redboot building

A Roturier wrote:

> > > no. only a file ecos.ecc is generated.
> >
> >If you go to that directory at the cygwin prompt, can you make an
> >install/include/pkgconf subdirectory yourself with mkdir? If you can, then
> >try the cygtclsh80 commands again. If that returns 1, then try "ecosconfig
> >tree" again with the directories already there, just for fun.
> >

> hi jonathan,
>
> i did try to make that dir earlier and re-run 'ecosconfig tree'  again.
> result was a few include files were
> created in that dir but still no makefile generated.
>
> however, since i am using cygwin, i decide to start it all over. (is
> ecosconfig only applied in unix/linux environment?)
>
> i get latest ecos from anon cvs in cygwin in windows2k pro, and i use
> windwos config tool 2.02. in build->template i choose arm evaluator7t
> board(aka aeb-2) for "hardware" part and redboot for "packages" part. i get
> 4 conflict items but they are resolved after i click continue.
> then i import from ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/redboot_ROM.ecm and
> save the config file. now i click build->library to start building(binutils
> and gcc have been prepared) and error occurres like,

4? There should only have been 3 I believe:

U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1

> i check a bit and find a cdl define CYGPKG_REDBOOT_ANY_CONSOLE is disabled
> by the imported config file(redboot_ROM.ecm). so i re-enable it and
> re-build the library. now i have another error like,

That was a bug that's already been fixed internally.

> $ cygtclsh80 cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> usage: flash_cksum <file>
> $ ls -l //e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 Administ None         6175 Apr  7 03:06
> //e/cygwin/ecos/packages
> /hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> $ cygtclsh80
> //e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> couldn't read file
> "//e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum
> .tcl": no such file or directory
>
> it seems cygtclsh80.exe doesn't recognize the files with full path name?
> should i get newest cygtclsh80.exe?

I don't think there is a newer one. But it's a worth a go to check. I'm
sure we would have seen this before for other scripts (like the AEB) so I
_think_ there's about your config in particular. Almost needless to say it
works in Linux :-|.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/