Re: Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board

harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:

> At 16:57 5.7.2001 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >If you are stating that you're putting the files into the public domain,
> >that would avoid the assignment itself. But when I talked about the
> >assignment, I was also including the "disclaimer" part which has to be
> >signed by your employer. This is needed because most people's contracts in
> >the software industry say that all intellectual property belongs to the
> >employer. This is even true of universities. So we'd really need that at
> >least from both of you.
>
> If I understand this correctly, public domain is the easiest way, isn't it?
> I'll check if my company requires the assignment way.

It's more a case of your company officially disclaiming any ownership - a
verbal agreement between you and them won't help us in future if for some
reason they changed their mind (or e.g. were bought and the new management
had different opinions) and enforced their IP for some reason.

> >We can still put together a tarball that is distributed separately, but it
> >wouldn't be able to go in the eCos sources properly meaning it may be
> >subject to bitrot.
>
> True, let's try to do this so that it helps people next year, too...

Yep, that's best for the whole community.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/