Re: CYG_TRACE thread safe?

rob.wj.jansen@philips.com wrote:

> Trenton,
>
> > I'm wondering if CYG_TRACEx is thread safe!  Is it?
> >
> > My driver was locking up in a DSR.  Now that TRACING and ASSERTIONS
> > aren't working my program doesn't lock up.
>
> Are you using CYG_TRACEx from within the DSR ?
> I'm not sure if it is safe to use tracing from within DSRs (Jonathan ?).

I was going to say yes, but it just occurred to me that what probably
_doesn't_ work is tracing when you are debugging over ethernet because
interrupts get disabled. The hardware might get all worked up for various
reasons.

If that's what Trenton is doing, that could be the problem.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/