Re: How to execute the program in eCos for ARM

Hi,
 I have a boot loader with that I am able to download the image on to the
Flash.
> The boot loader for ARM 7TDMI based SOC board.  With a jump to a
predefined
> location my boot loader should start the execution of the program, but it
is
> not happening.

If you have changed the startup location in the ecos.ecc as flash, you need
to provide the memory configuration of your board in the .ldi files in the
pkgconf directory of arm. see to it that the changes are reflected in the
header files (mlt_arm_pid_rom.h, mlt_arm_pid_ram.h).

> I have given a jump to vectors location. I tried with both the binary and
elf
> images at 0x0, 0x1000 locations of the RAM. But it is not working. What
will be
> the problem???

for RAM startup follow the same instructions with the necessary changes in
the .ecc and ldi files.
This method holds good as long as you are using manual configuration tool on
linux. on windows you can do the changes on the memory layout window.