Re: Good board for audio + USB

On 23 Jul 2001, at 10:27, Trenton D. Adams wrote:

> I'm thinking of playing with some audio as well as USB connections
> with windows.  I was wondering if anyone here might know a good cheap
> development board for things like that.  It would be nice to have a
> hardware MP3 codec I possible.

Trenton,

as far as I understand from your messages to eCOS list, you are
working on a EDB7211 board. Cirrus gives (for free) the library for
MP3 decoding using CS7211 (without sources) that can be
integrated in a ARM SDT project, but asking to their support people
we were able to get also the library compiled with GNU tools. It is
also possible to use open source projects like MAD, that comes
with ARM-based configuration already tested.
bye- Stefano
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738