RE: Unable to load srec files via serial port

On 24-Jul-2001 Mynampati, Venkata S. wrote:

> >> If this is a Motorola S-record file, you probably do not want "-r"
> >>
> >> If it fails for large files, perhaps you are running out of memory.
 i stopped using '-r' while uploading for SREC files, but still
 after about 1147K, the transfer stops. Windows's Hyper terminal's
 'send file' window displays 'no response from remote system'.
 The interesting thing is, i used visionclick's probe to peep into
 RAM areas. What i found is like this:
 ram locations starting from 0xa0308000 to 0xa037138A are good,
 i.e they correspond to vmlinux.srec file's contents, but location
 0xa037138b onwards it is zero.
 Also, RedBoot hangs after this upload fails, but if i cancel upload,
 RedBoot works.

 I think, the upload process uses some RAM locations which i am
 overwriting.is this true ? have you seen this behaviour? what is
 happening here and how to over come it? or is there anything i
 missed.

 Your help is appreciated.

 Regards
Venkat