Re: Question about Hello World eCos example

Andre,

> i execute the program i receive on the HYPER-TERMINAL this :
> $O48656C6C6F2C2065436F7320776F726C64212035200A#BB

This is clearly GDB output.
During build it is decided that your output will always go via your GDB channel.
The reason why printf does not return is because you need to acknowledge this
packet (with a "+").

Same thing happened on my target. Try to remove the GDB stub and rebuild eCos.
If this fails, then search for the point where it is decided that your diagnostics output
has to be via GDB packets. I forgot where this was defined but I somewhere found
that GDB packetized output is done if you have either GDB stubs OR if you use
the RAM memory map (they forgot about JTAG debugging pods).

The diagnostics output is done from packages/hal/arm/pid/current/src/hal_diag.c.
Just place a breakpoint on the hal_diag_write_char() function and you will see.

Regards,

     Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com