RE: Serial upload fails

On 25-Jul-2001 Mynampati, Venkata S. wrote:
> Hi
> Plaese help me out in understanding why i am unable to
> load SREC files. According to the document it should be simple,
> but i fail to load.
> What i am doing is :
> At hyperterminal's RedBoot prompt, i type:
>
> RedBoot> load -m ymodem <enter>
>    CCCCCC..   -> This is what is on screen, immediately after i hit enter
>
>   Using Transfer-> Send Files optin of Hyperterminal, i choose an SREC file
>   and then click on 'Send' button.
>
>   The Send File window's progress bar indicates that transfer is taking
> place and it
>    does happen till about 1148K, but after that i stops and the Windows's
> Status
>    bar shows 'No Response from Remote System'.
>   I have 32 MB of SDRAM.

I'm starting to question if this is really true (or that it is all working
correctly).  As far as I can see, what you're doing is correct.

Try this:

  RedBoot> fi loa RedBoot -b 0xa1800000
  RedBoot> d -b 0xa1800000 -l 0x80

You should see the first part of the RedBoot image which is stored in Flash,
but has been loaded into high memory.

Alternatively, you could run a RAM test (we have some in eCos) that will verify
that the memory is actually working.