Re: Orinoco Wavelan Driver

Howdy,

> Obviously it would be hard to include something that is missing such an
> important feature as RedBoot support, at least if it is intended to
> obsolete the existing support. But since I imagine it should be easy to add
> a polling interface, just like the current one, I'm sure you can resolve
> that easily enough.

I agree, hence why I hadn't mentioned it up to this point. There is
actually a polling interface, but it's just that I haven't added the
suitable #defines and tested it to verify performance when running under
RedBoot. To get that stuff ready will probably be a few more weeks.

> Obviously either the existing drivers would need to be
> moved over, or it should be possible for the two systems to co-exist.

It would be more of a "move over". I can't see it being pleasant trying to
get the two to co-exist. I'm just a bit concerned that the longer it stays
out of CVS, the harder it will be for people working on existing PCMCIA
drivers (there seem to be a few) and the more divergence occurs :-<

> We will certainly try and include it if it's useful. But the implication is
> that it's still work in progress. It would probably be simpler for everyone
> if it's only added when it's completed or nearly completed. If you want to
> put up an EPK/patchset we can make that available easily enough, although
> you'd probably prefer http://www.3glab.org/ I'd imagine.

Sure. I'll see about getting up at least the new interfaces by middle of
next week sometime, to help people writing existing PCMCIA card drivers.
As I said earlier, it's going to be at least a few more weeks before
everything is in a state suitable for public consumption...

See ya,

Nick

--
Nick Clarey, System Architect        | "Sometimes when you fill a vacuum,
3G LAB                               |  it still sucks."  - Rob Pike