Re: Application loading from hyper terminal

Gary Thomas wrote:

> You're problem is an artifact of the PC system which we don't have a
> perfect solution for (at the moment).  RedBoot will currently insist on
> verifying that the memory you are trying to load into is "available".  On
> this platform, RedBoot only knows about RAM up to 0xa0000 (see above).

Well, that's sort of what the verify action is for, but that doesn't make
sense for X/Y modem uploads I suppose. I don't have a spec for the X/Y
modem protocol, but presumably there is a way to tell the other end to
abort the upload? Then we could display the message and require a "-f" for
"force" argument? This would also make sense for the other points in the
function where we abort it with an error message. Otherwise there is no way
to ever see any problems until you cancel the upload on the host.