Re: Question about "Hello,eCos world!"

cguwinds wrote:

> After runing the following command ,"run",under the gdb command line,
> I can't see "Hello,eCos world!".
> Why Segmentation fault?
> How to solve it?
> Does it matter to Makefile of hello.c??
> (Getting Started with eCos ,P70)
> (My target is i386 pc , platform is Linux)

> [root@localhost examples]# gdb -nw a.out
> GNU gdb 19991004
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /opt/ecos/ecos-1.3.1/examples/a.out

> 0x10000 in _stext ()
> (gdb)

If your target is i386 PC, then you need to put RedBoot on a floppy, and
download your program from a separate PC via serial or ethernet.

Alternative, if you are wanting the Linux synthetic target (which allows
you to run native linux programs), then did you choose the linux target,
rather than the pc target? i.e. "ecosconfig new linux" rather than
"ecosconfig new pc" ?