Re: ecos and ks32c50100

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:00:54AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

> > i am working with a ks32c50100-custom-board at the moment. my
> > aim is to run a tcp/ip-stack and one or two other small
> > applications on it. the board has 128k ram and 512k flash-rom.
> >
> > i think ecos could be a good solution for my little project.
> >
> > so, i've already read some mails in the archive of this list
> > concerning ecos on a ks32c50100-board, but none of them was
> > really helpful. is there already an existing port?
>
> I'll package up the Ethernet driver and the HAL and put them on
> my ftp site today.  I'll send a URL to the list once it's there.

ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/ecos

contains the following

ks32c5000-current.epk

  Ethernet driver for Samsung KS32C5000 and S3C4510.  The ics1890 phy code
  works on the old SNDS board.  I think the new SNDS-100 board has a
  levelone lxt970 PHY. Code for the lxt970 PHY is included but hasn't been
  test on a newer SNDS board -- it might need tweaking.

  If so, please send me a patch.  Or, if you want to send me a newer
  SNDS board, I can fix it myself...

snds-current.epk

  HAL package for Samsung SNDS and SNDS-100 eval boards.  You've got to
  select which CPU you have and configure the clock speed correctly.  Debug
  is on serial port #1 57.6K, 8, none.

  Assumes you've got RAM at 0.  Memory configuration program example below.

memconfig.tar.gz

  Example memory configure program you can download into processor's static
  RAM and execute to remap DRAM to 0 and FLASH to 0x1000000.

gdbinit.example

  Example of my .gdbinit file that contains macros to force processor into a
  benign state, configure memory using above program, and load a file.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com